Saturday, December 20, 2008

Open, shut them


Immy with eyes wide open, 11 days old. She's still going wonderfully, though we are quite looking forward to when she learns the difference between night and day. She's ... how can I put this delicately... she seems to have a lot more trouble than our other girls when it comes to digesting her meals well. Every feed is followed by 1-2 hours of her efforts to get rid of her dinner in any way she can, as loudly as she can. I'm hanging out for the night feeds where I can just feed her and plop her back into her cot and have her sleep, instead of endlessly burping and changing nappies. Still, she's a great feeder and a very alert little girl.

Her big sisters are showering her with mildly competitive love (I think the unspoken vibe is "Look Mum, see how good I am with the baby! Better than HER!") Whatever works!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look at those outer space eyes Caroline! Utterly wondrous.