Tuesday, December 02, 2008

The Countdown Begins...

6 days to go. I can't believe it.

The girls were in kinder/daycare today, so I spent the day furiously nesting. Cooking meals for the freezer, doing laundry, packing my hospital bag (still), Christmas shopping, and so on and so on.

Mind you, when they arrived home I wasn't greeted with the standard run down the hallway and big cuddle fest. Juliet walked in and announced that she didn't want to come home, that home is boring, she hates being here. Hmm. I then served them up the delicious meal I'd just cooked - Heidi squirmed, announced she didn't like it and refused to eat even one mouthful. Sensing that my mood was falling fast, James valiantly tried to save the day. "Doesn't Mummy look pretty?" he asked. Juliet took one look at me and said, "No."

Way to go kids. And to think there's ANOTHER one on the way.

I must just remind myself that they are only 2 and 3 years old, and clearly love kinder and daycare, which is a good thing.. And I'm horribly hormonal and emotional. Tomorrow will be better.

1 comment:

Nina said...

That is a pretty harsh comment to take, even from a 3 year old! Your kids come out with some classic comments - very funny.

Not long to go until you meet number three - can't wait to hear about the birth story and see pics!