Saturday, December 06, 2008

Nearly there!

Only 2.5 days to go!

Tomorrow we're hosting a small family get together for Mum's 70th birthday and Heidi's 2nd. Just a casual BBQ so no big deal; it will be a nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon I think. I'm trying to get as much done today as possible, so my plan is to try and get Heidi's cake prepared today and blow up the balloons and streamers. I hope her cake turns out OK. The plan is to make an elephant cake, as she is still quite obsessed by elephants. She has been practically since she was born!

Then I'm off to the hairdresser's this afternoon for my last indulgence for quite a long time. My lovely hairdresser has made my appointment the last one for the day so we can kick back a bit and chat and I can relax. He really is very nice, even if he does make me listen to Kylie over and over and over...

Heidi still doesn't quite understand what's happening next week, I don't think. I've talked to her about how I won't be around and how Grandma will be here, but it's hard to tell how much she really gets. I'm trying not to stress about how they will go without me around. I think the days will be fine, but the evenings have been pretty awful for the last couple of weeks and I feel bad for putting Mum through the trauma! Hopefully James will be able to come home a lot to help out. I've had lots of talks to Juliet about how she needs to help Grandma and not carry on like a pork chop over everything in life. We shall see.

Oh well, pretty dull blog entry, sorry. Really, these days are all about packing, cleaning, tidying, and getting ready for the birthday party tomorrow and the week ahead. Not long to go now.

No comments: