What a horrible week (for me)! I've been laid up in bed with some horrible bug. It's the sickest I've been for a long time - I've basically slept for the entire week! I'm off work again today, feeling sort of guilty about it, but then knowing perfectly well that I couldn't have gone. I'm definitely perking up a bit today, but even so I was asleep til nearly 2pm! I'll be glad to see the back of this one.
Well, I'm very out of date with my news I guess. James is well and truly home, hooray! The poor man seems to have come home to some insanely awful work project, but that finished up today so his spirits are also lifting.
We had visitors from Perth last week - Nette and Caroline came to stay with Dorothy and we got to see them a couple of times which was lovely :) Now we just have to work on a way of getting them to move East...
The girls absolutely adored them both of course.
What else... Oh, our plasterer has come through for us with a lovely cheapish quote. So in a couple of weeks the room I'm currently sitting in will have no walls! I have about 20 tonnes of stuff to move out of here before then. I can't imagine where it will all go. I'm very nervous about putting the girls in to share to be honest, but I suppose it's better that we do it now before the baby arrives. Hopefully by December everything will be settled down; they will both be falling asleep at 7pm and waking at 6.45pm full of cuddles for each other. Yeah, right. (Actually, this is pretty much what happens now, but I'm definitely imagining a few teething problems when they are sleeping a metre away from each other!)
No other news. I'm such a self-pitying invalid that just sitting here typing has worn me out enough to warrant a little lie down on the couch. Sad, isn't it!?
Edited next day to add in a couple of photos from Nette. First one is Nette, Caroline & Dorothy out to brunch with the Golden clan
; second is Grandma reading to Heidi
.

No comments:
Post a Comment