Saturday, August 09, 2008

Swimming lesson

Juliet had her first real swimming lesson today. Let's just say she isn't quite a natural :)

She started off looking mildly apprehensive, then extremely scared, then the lip started to tremble... by the time the lesson was nearly at an end, she was screaming and crying hysterically. After the lesson had finished, we had a big pep talk about facing scary things, and she now maintains she "had fun" (!??!?!?! Clearly she was in a parallel universe to me!) and is apparently looking forward to next week. I think I'll persevere for the rest of this term (6 more lessons) then reassess the whole idea. I don't want her to develop a total water phobia; but then she has always been a bit reticent (read: total scaredy cat) about any new physical activity. Even the swings and slides at the playground terrified her for a looooooong time. I hope we can get past the fear aspect and she starts enjoying it soon. I don't think it's possible for her to enjoy it less!

No comments: