Juliet has turned into a total health nut, out of the blue. It’s really quite weird. She won’t eat anything with sugar in it, or anything else she deems “unhealthy”. I think she has a pretty healthy diet anyway! She gets one lolly snake after her swimming lesson, icecream about every 3 months, a sweet biscuit perhaps every fortnight (if that), and the occasional chip. None of which she will touch now. Yesterday I made chocolate chip biscuits and she wouldn’t even take a single bite, even though I promised a session of frantic teeth brushing immediately afterwards. She asked for a pear instead. Even the post-swimming lesson snake has been refused, and she wants stickers instead. She’s obsessed with eating “every colour of the rainbow” (that’s my fault – I started that in an effort to get her to eat a range of veggies) and demands to know how healthy every thing that passes her lips is. It’s commendable but a tiny bit annoying, and I have NO idea where she got it from! I’ve explained that there are healthy foods and foods that aren’t so healthy that we don’t eat very often, but I haven’t demonised anything the way she is carrying on. Odd. On the upside, I've told her that lashing out at her sister and feeling excessively angry is unhealthy for her brain, which she actually seems to accept. I'm going to milk this for all it's worth! This morning she made 2 playdoh people, the "Angry Brown Sugar" man and the "Happy Cinnamon" man. Riiiiiiiight.
We went up to Maldon for Father's Day which was lovely. Perfect weather and the girls were on their best behaviour. Juliet did see fit to pull down her undies and jeans in front of everyone at one point, apparently to "get some fresh air"!
And in other funny Juliet news, yesterday she was watching a Play School DVD. "Are your finger stars twinkling?" asked the presenter, before launching into Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. "No, my finger batteries are flat" responded our little comedian.
I'll post some photos in the next couple of days, and do a big Heidi update too :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh I love the finger batteries, what a classic!
I have a health nut too, though she'd never knock back home made biccies ;)
Touching base. Have been thinking of you.
BTW...you promised pics!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment