Thursday, June 19, 2008

General update

Been a bit slack with the blog recently, sorry. Juliet's stopped having day naps, and by the time evening rolls around I'm ready for bed, which is limiting my computer time a bit!

Anyway, here's an update of the clan.

Juliet:
Had her first swimming "lesson" (actually an assessment to see if she'd freak out) last week. She wasn't too keen on the teacher holding her so there were a few tears, but she was pretty enthusiastic about it all in general. Especially the lollipop that she was given at the end! We're waiting to hear if she has a place for next term.

She's alternating between being extremely challenging and extremely sweet. I was complaining of being tired the other day. She said, "Here's what we'll do. You sit down and have a rest, and I'll tidy up the toys." How lovely is that?

Heidi:
Becoming increasingly cheeky and vocal. She has about 60 or so words now (at 18m). She's still easygoing but is finally suffering from a little bit of separation anxiety from me, for the first time. It's not terrible, though she has woken during the night a lot over the last week, wanting me to come and pat her back to sleep. She also follows me from room to room, as does Juliet still. I must admit it does get a bit annoying to have a trail of toddlers follow me all over the house. Still, I know one day I'll miss it. One day...

James:
Is pretty stressed about work. The big excitement in his life at the moment is his impending trip to visit the family in America. Lucky him!

Me:
Tired but happy. I'm suffering insomnia, which isn't brilliantly timed due to Heidi's night wakings. I fantasise about sleep. James and I are having our first night away from the girls on Saturday (well, it's my first night, not his). For my birthday this year I booked a night at a hotel with dinner at a fancy restaurant beforehand. Now I just have to try as hard as I can to not worry about Heidi waking up for me at 3am, and SLEEP!!!

I'm pretty sure I can already feel the baby kicking. I know it's early (14 weeks) but it's a pretty distinctive feeling. I have a suspicion that this one is going to be very active. God help us all!

1 comment:

TheThingsIdTellYou said...

Nice to hear from you, Caroline. :)

Sorry you're not sleeping. Hope ou enjoy your night out for your Birthday.

I need one of them. I'd love to book a romantic night away with joel. Except, I'm pretty sure I'd end up being too tired for the romantic and just sleeeeeep.