Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas!

'Twas the night before Christmas... I'd like to claim that noone was stirring, but Juliet is finding plenty of excuses to get out of bed and not-so-subtly walk past the study where the stockings are hanging over the fireplace. Today she and Heidi played a new game which involved shoving soft toys down their dresses, claiming to be Mary, "giving birth" to a small elephant or rooster (often via their neck as they pulled the toys out) which they immediately called Jesus, then laying Jesus on a conveniently close box of Yellowglen sparkling wine which was his "major" (i.e manger).

I'm not going to try and fill in the entire last month. It's been a very, very busy month. Highlights have been:

- Imogen is now 1. She took her first independent steps today and is extraordinarily proud of herself.

- Heidi is now 3 and still totally crazy and Heidiesque.

It's also Dad's 80th birthday tomorrow (happy birthday Dad!). We went out to lunch at Chateau Yering for a birthday lunch a couple of weeks ago which was lovely.

As Immy's now sleeping for 11/12 hours a night without waking, I'm thinking that 2010 might be a bit of a "me" year. I'm planning to enrol in yoga classes again, do a couple of evening classes in cooking and photography, and be a little less housebound in general. I think it's going to be an excellent year!

1 comment:

Janet said...

You go girl!